Monday, June 4, 2012

Preparing for Vacation

The preparations for the annual Holder Family Vacation have begun.  Thus far they include, new hiking boots for me as we are planning to visit the Black Hills of South Dakota.  When Justin and I were there in '94 we did quite a bit of hiking.  Back to the boots, I have done some walking/hiking in the boots and made sure they don't cause blisters. (picture of me and "C" on the recent hike to the Johnson's Shut-Ins.)  Blisters are no fun on the best of days but being a mile or two from transportation with sore feet is NOT the way I want to do a vacation.

"C" has gotten some new shoes as well and some new socks that aren't worn out for the same reasons.  He has also gotten some new shorts.  Just because the kid has grown so much.

 I have also begun researching the area's trails and have been printing maps and such.  I am very excited to get there and for us to do some hiking and biking in South Dakota.  The drive will take about 3 days we figure and thus I have looked into good places to stop along the way.  This is much simpler now than it has been in the past.  Searching using apps on my phone and on my laptop is much quicker than using the old Woodall's Campground Directory.

Justin has taken the Dodge in to have the fluids changed, belts checked, etc.  A bit of frustration as the mechanics didn't get the fan belt back on properly which caused us a scare that the engine could be damaged.  I am not certain of the details involving this but Jonesboro's Dodge Service center has completely lost our business.  I hope this isn't a foreshadowing of things to come.

Anyway, I plan to post about our adventures. So, stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment